i like necks a lot yeh lets talk about necks!!! u gotta know what’s going on in there to draw necks, here’s a fairly simple run down.
Also a lot (most all) of my anatomy knowledge comes from taking Scott Eaton’s anatomy for artists course. If you have a chance/money to take it, it’s really great.
the best reveal in gravity falls is still “the guy built up as a zombie was actually a bunch of gnomes standing on top of each other under a hoodie” like i dont think anything so far has topped how funny that was
In real life, pretty much everybody reacts to tragedy differently. So why is it that every author has their pet reaction to tragedy that all their characters use? Not only is it unrealistic, but it takes away the chance for the characters’ different reactions to reveal things about themselves.
Possible reactions to tragedy (not an exhaustive list):
- Distracting oneself with mindless activities
- Distracting oneself with others’ humor
- Distracting oneself by making jokes
- Distracting oneself by reading/watching/playing stories
- Distracting oneself with hard mental work
- Distracting oneself with hard physical work
- Distracting oneself with creative endeavors
- Distracting oneself by chatting with friends about normal things
- Talking to friends about the tragedy
- Talking to authority figures about the tragedy
- Talking anonymously with strangers about the tragedy (if possible)
- Getting wrapped up in others’ problems
- Staying unusually silent
- Crying loudly
- Crying silently
- Doing everything possible not to cry
- Taking unhealthy risks
- Going for revenge against whoever one can blame
- Punching random objects
- Throwing random objects
- Lashing out against friends and family members
- Trying to prevent a similar tragedy from happening
- Eating more than usual
- Not eating
- Taking mind-altering substances
- Getting in unhealthy relationships
- Isolating oneself
- Obsessing over routine
- Numbness combined with apathy
- Numbness combined with going through one’s normal motions
- Trying to get things back the way they were
- No reaction at first but a reaction hits later in greater force
- No reaction at all. Emotions relating to the tragedy just fail to load. Note that this can happen to anybody and does not mark a character as a sociopath.
Characters can have more than one reaction at the same time, one reaction after another, or different reactions to different tragedies.
Guys, let me tell you about orcas.
Orca whales are mean motherfuckers. They cruise the oceans with only two things in mind: one, having sex, and two, eating every poor fuck they find out there that’s smaller than them. They are such badass motherfuckers that even great white motherfucking sharks don’t dare fuck with them, which in my books, places them above the sperm whale as Biggest Badass of the Ocean. And why don’t sharks bother them, you may wonder? Because orcas fucking learned that if you flip a shark over they go into a sort of coma, so now they do it intentionally so they can eat the motherfucking sharks. Not only that, but orcas have also learned how to hunt sperm whales and motherfucking sea birds.
The orca whale lives in a matriarchal pod. Every pod has unique hunting methods and whatnot, which is passed down from parent to offspring- these scary fuckers have formed civilizations. And what do they do for fun, apart from hopping around on the water’s surface and grinning like crazy mofos? They hunt for fun, going so far as to tip over ice floes and beach themselves just for the thrill of killing.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. Orca whales are too damn cute and smiley looking to be heartless predators of the sea. Well, let me counter-argue with this photo:
THOSE ARE NOT THE TEETH OF A CREATURE THAT WANTS TO BE YOUR FRIEND.
Why has nobody mentioned what’s happening in the original gif?
This is how orcas hunt - or, it’s one of the ways they do. They have a ton of tricks and techniques they use to fuck up everything below them on the food chain, and that gif portrays my personal favorite.
Orcas will literally BEACH THEMSELVES to grab unsuspecting seals (or whatever else happens to be splashing around in the surf) and snarf them down like hot dogs. Yeah, that’s right. This is a 6-ton apex predator, crashing right out of the fucking water to snatch their prey right off the beach. Any other animal that size would get stuck there and die, but do you see that fucker? He fucking wriggles right back into the surf. An orca can get all the way up onto dry land and still manage to wiggle their way back into the water to fuck up more shit on another day. There is literally no other sea-dwelling creature of comparative size with that ability - most sea animals lack the muscular strength to move without enough water supporting their weight.
Orcas have also been known to eat moose. Yeah, that’s right. Fucking MOOSE.
You don’t fuck with orcas.
For The Dancing And The Dreaming - Gerard Butler and Mary Jane Wells (aka Stoick and Valka)
Composed by John Powell for How To Train Your Dragon 2
But it’s mostly some key drawings he wants for a mapping in 2D and 3D. He’d finish the rest by himself… And asked me how much it’d cost for doing it…
I still haven’t accepted and I’ve got two days to decide, but, like, man; I’ve only done like one animation and it’s not even that decent. I’m not sure how the key drawings would turn out. I’m not an animator. I don’t even know how much I am supposed to charge because I’ve never done commissions before.
Also, I have a ton of other projects I need to work on (including another animation) and I don’t really want to stress myself even more with another more work-related project…
But from the other side… I do like money.